Sunday, January 16, 2011

Another Year, Another Resolution

Nenan and me at Myrtle Beach, SC

So I know its been a decade since I've written but my New Years Resolution is to write one
BLOG per MONTH. I know I know, we are already half way through January, I should've written this blog 3 weeks ago, have some patience will you? It's going to be very challenging but I will succeed.

With Jenny and Garret 
Esteban and I are coming up on our one year anniversary. It's incredible how time just flies. I still feel like a 12-year-old girl sometimes... but then reality hits... I'm really 25, high school is o
ver, college is over, I went on a mission, and I'm married. Pure craziness. But it's been a blast.


Work is going well. I have had to go through a lot of training, since I knew NADA about insurance. I have my own sales team now and I'm just working hard so they'll promote me. Esteban is going to school to get his B.S. in Industrial Psychology. The whole permanent residence process lasted from March till July. He was thrilled to finally have the right to go to school
and work.


Through 2010 (and late 2009) we took
many trips. We finally made it to Hawaii TOGETHER. We saw the Grand Canyon in AZ. We honeymooned in Florida. We museum hopped in Washington DC. We discovered hidden caverns and mountain ranges in Virginia. We reunited with family in South Carolina. We snorkeled and surfed in San Diego. And finally, we spent Christmas in Uruguay.

We passed a whole year with only seeing his family through Skype. It was so nice to actually embrace them again. Our nieces, Antonia and Clara, are so big now. They adore Esteban. Esteban is like the baby whisperer. Our nieces and nephew just love him. Annabelle could care less about her Aunty, she just wants to know where "Nenan" is.

Nenan and Annabelle napping

Clari y Nona con Tio Nenan


TIO NENAN







David and Nenan getting ready to fish

I could only get a week off of work and we took TACA CACA again, so it took 2 days to travel there due to extensive layovers in San Salvador and Lima. Including the weekends, we had a good 7 days in Santa Lucia. Though short, and humid as all get out, it was totally worth it. I took some lovely pictures of the Carbajal Family.
Check them out on Facebook.

1 comment: