Friday, April 30, 2010

S.I.M.P.L.E

Well gosh, just realized it's been months since I "blogged." And soooooooo much has gone on since Feb5th... so I'll just do a quick catch up! On the 27th WE GOT HITCHED. It was beautiful.. though VA was pumping out snow like it was NY a couple days prior, on "MY BIG DAY" we had clear blue skies walking out of the Washington D.C. Temple.

It went by so fast compared
to the year of waiting. The whole legal process seemed to carry on for a decade... and then suddenly on February 27th we were married in 10 min! But it was the BEST 1o MINUTES of our lives!

We had a very simple reception at a family friends house. I had always thought I'd have a big wedding, with a live band, dancing, outside, in the spring. But as the Rolling Stones taught us "You can't always get what you want." Esteban has taught me the benefits of simplicity and I'm actually glad I didn't do the big, white, EXPENSIVE wedding!

We had some Uruguayan flare, we danced the tango and had the food catered from an Argentine cafe! Our cakes were beautiful! And I looked like a movie star from the 50's, so I've been told!

We flew off to Florida the next morning! We did service to have a free day at Disney World, and Esteban really wanted to go to Animal Kingdom. So we hit that up, did the Safari like 3 times! We also made a road trip to Miami and found an Uruguayan restaurant :)

We got home on the 5th and finished up all his legal documents to become a permanent resident and then I started my Supervisor Leadership Program @ GEICO!

So I'm working full-time and now he's just waiting for all the papers to come through... which is taking forever since it's the GOVERNMENT! I can't believe I even complained about the fiance visa now that we're facing all this permanent
resident mumbo jumbo!

But we wont go into that. I'm just so glad he's
here and we're finally married! Life is grand!

No comments:

Post a Comment